I have been trying the Laneige Water Sleeping Pack for several months now, I was led to purchase it after all of the hype it received online, so I wanted to check myself what was the real deal.
The Laneige Water Sleeping Pack is a moisturizing mask that you can apply overnight and wash off the morning after, great for those who are lazy with their skincare routines. It is well known for its power to help skin retain moisture.
I really like the packaging, I believe it is very minimal and sturdy. I wish the little spatula could be store in the lid somehow, since I always tend to lose it. It also comes with a lid which helps preserving the mask.
You can see the full breakdown of the ingredients at the COSDNA link here : Ingredients Analysis
A couple of ingredients are flagged such as: Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone (which might not be great for those Acne prone), and Carbomer (that can potentially irritate the skin)
This product also contains a light fragrance which can cause skin irritation for those who have sensitive skin. I personally have sensitive skin, and this product did not break me out.
The texture is gel like and very light. I really like that it does not leave the skin oily nor sticky. I usually go to bed right after having applied it.
These are the application instructions, as per Laneige site:
After washing the face at night, apply toner and emulsion right before going to bed.
Dispense an appropriate amount (2.5cm in diameter) and apply on the tip of the nose, cheeks, forehead, and chin in dots; breathe in the scent for 3 seconds.
Spread gently along the texture of your face using outward strokes.
After the product is absorbed into skin, leave it on overnight without washing the face. (Wash the face the next morning.)
It is indeed very easy to apply and it dries fast, the recommended application is 2-3 times a week, but sometimes I applied it more than 3 times a week and it gave no side effects.
These are the claims as listed on Laneige site:
- Skin purifying effect: SLEEP-TOX™ technology purifies skin during sleep, keeping it in optimum condition SLEEP-TOX™ technology’s purifying effects help to rejuvenate and normalize skin that is often fatigued and sensitized by stress during the day. This helps the skin to achieve a well-rested appearance the next morning.
- Skin moisturizing: MOISTURE WRAP™ helps skin retain moisture throughout the night The dense beta-glucan moisturizing shield (network) consists of active agents such as Hydro Ion Mineral Water, evening primrose root extract, Hunza apricot extracts, and more so that skin fully absorbs the goodness during 8 hours of sleep.
- Skin soothing: contains skin-soothing agents that are gentle on sleeping skin, helping it recover overnight Ultra-mild, safe formula that can be worn overnight / Non-comedogenic, sensitivity tested.
- Aromatic SLEEPSCENT™ helps you relax during sleep SLEEPSCENT™ specially developed for Laneige Water Sleeping Pack is an AMOREPACIFIC original, allowing skin to relax and rest and boosting its ability to regenerate.
- True – I agree my skin felt more rested the next morning and brighter
- True – My skin was indeed very moisturized
- True/False – My skin was quite soothed, but I could not see any visible difference in my problem areas
- False – The smell did not help me to relax particularly
Overall during my use of this product my skin felt very moisturized, despite me having dry skin. The mornings my skin felt very refreshed and rested, which was good especially in very stressful days.
I will definitely repurchase once finished.
WHERE TO BUY
Please note the links in this article are affiliate links, if you decide to purchase through those, you will support this blog Also, prices/product availability are those that were recorded upon writing this article
|Name||Water Sleeping Mask|
|Product Type||Sleeping Mask|
|Ingredients||Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Root Extract, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Beta-Glucan, Chenopodium Quinoa Seed Extract, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Calcium Chloride, Potassium Alginate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Polysorbate 20, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Propanediol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Stearyl Behenate, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, HYDROXYPROPYL BISPALMITAMIDE MEA, Inulin Lauryl Carbamate, Alcohol, 1, 2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, CI 42090|
|Recommended Application||2-3 times a week|